Dust3D runnable on less-powered machine?

Hello,

This question might sound somewhat strange - maybe

but I would like to know if Dust3D is a “heavy” program and uses much resources and needs an high-end pc.

I’m using a pretty low-end device with Intel HD graphics for - yes 3D Game Development - and it does indeed actually run pretty well - even Blender eevee runs smoothly and without overheating with a few mid-poly models in material preview.

I’ve heard about Dust3D recently and I would love to try it out - but I’m somewhat afraid that my device can’t handle it.
It does look, from what I saw, that Dust3D’s renderer is like Blender eevee in Solid mode - which runs extremely smooth.

I’m not really asking for a detailed list of system requirments, but a comparision like - if you can run that, you can run it aswell would also be enough.

Thanks for any answer in advance. ^^

1 Like

Hi, if your computer could run Dust3D rc.6 smoothly, then it should be ok with the modeling and motion editoring. However, the PBR materials preview is not fully supported on a computer without OpenGL Core profile support. You can check from the About window of Dust3D, if you can see “core: true”, that means it’s fully supported. Even without core profile support, only the preview may be afffected a little bit, but the exported FBX/GLB/OBJ files are independent with the system.